Tuesday, October 25, 2005

In Loving Memory <3

I don't mean for this post to put a damper on your day, but I thought I should put a little something in honor of Wes Lind.
3 years ago today my brother didn't expect to lose his best friend, the school didn't expect to lose yet another fellow classmate, his parents didn't expect to lose a son. I remember that Friday morning clear as a bell. First they announced (even though I didn't hear this announcement) that Wes had collapsed in the hallway and he was rushed over to the hospital, then just a few hours later the teachers were called out of their rooms to have a "special meeting" in the library. How often does that happen? I knew what had happened before they even came back in the classroom to announce it.
He was a great kid. He was at our house almost everyday. I know he had a major impact on my brother. It was a pretty hard time for everyone, as most deaths are.
I think it's great that former nurse Robin Andreas (or is she still the nurse?) has put so much effort and time in to trying to raise money for I can't remember what the name of those things are called to help recessitate your heart..... but anyway, through her hard work and from the donations of many others, Hibbing schools were able to place recessitators in all of its schools.
It's hard to believe it's been three years ago already. No one's guaranteed tomorrow. Let's get out their and preach the gospel of our Savior to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Lord works! You should, too... said...

Thats sad but nice to say and its a defribulator or defibrulator or something like that yo

4:47 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Great post, Amber. It's sad to see people in the school systems die when you know they weren't saved.

6:33 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

The song "We Live" by Superchic[k] is a great example of this.

6:33 PM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home