Monday, September 26, 2005

Home is Where the Friends are

Well, I spent this past weekend in my wonderful hometown, Hibbing. I had a blast hanging out with everyone!!! It was so wonderful seeing everyone and reminiscing like old times. My cousin Stacy told me that the first "homecoming" was the hardest. At first I didn't really believe her because I thought for sure the very first time you left home would be the hardest. Now I know she was telling the truth. I didn't think it would be so hard to leave everyone again. It was. I was saddened after having so much fun there and knowing I had to return to a town that I don't really have any friends (yet). Different thoughts like "Maybe I should move back to Hibbing" were running through my head. But, I remembered that God put me in Austin for a purpose, so I just have to trust in Him and remember that He is here for me through hard and sad times such as now. Plus, it's not like I can't ever visit again! Hope all the "homecomings" aren't as hard as this one was. I've been told they get easier! I have one special request: that maybe you could squeeze in a prayer for me to adjust to life in Austin and that I would meet new friends. I would greatly appreciate it!
Anyway, on a happier note. My weekend consisted of

Wednesday: I left Austin at 2:55pm and arrived in Hibbing at 7:40pm. I drove non-stop and went straight to the church where I surprised everyone!!! It was so very tempting to tell everyone that I was coming home Wednesday instead of Friday, but, I'm glad it was a surprise. It made my homecoming much more fun :) After socializing with everyone after church I went to Sammy's with Kranny, Jamie, Violet, Jaci, Ryan, Brooke, Chris, Jason, and Steph. We saw Reid and a bunch of other N/Kians and found out that Reid won homecoming! Congrats to him!

Thursday: Chelsea was kind enough to invite me over for lunch. She made my favorite meal!!! Spaghetti and meatballs (yes Brianna, Stacy, and Shannon......that IS my favorite meal :P). Shaleah and Amarah also joined us! That was very fun. Thanks Chels for the DELICIOUS lunch!! :) After that we went to the homecoming coronation where we met Mrs. Willy and the Pearson parents! It was exciting seeing Alex C. crowned homecoming king!!! Congrats to him also :) Then, Mrs Willy brought me to my car after it was done getting an oil change. I then went back to the school to pick up Thronson. She, Brooke, and I hung out for a little while. Then we picked up Sydney and Doug (Mark P) and met Jessie and Brittany at Kari's tennis match! Good job Kari for winning both matches :D The rest of the day consisted of going to Taco John's for dinner, and going to Jason's to see his dogs.

Friday: Lunch at the Pearsons! Molly, Chris, Andrew, Jason, Brittany, Natalie, Chelsea, and I had some Dominos pizza and garlic bread.....YUM! Thanks to the Pearsons for letting us come over! Then after school I picked up Jessie, Jason, Brooke, and Jenni and went through the car wash. Fun times I tell ya. Later on we went to the Bluejacket football game. Good job at being quarterback, Jason! That was a lot of fun. Tons of people went to cheer the team on. We then went to "Lil Ruth's" for a bonfire. That was also tons of fun!!

Saturday: Went to a meeting to help plan Prom Alternative (you all better go!), then helped do some sanding and painting at the Coffee House. Then, helped with a garbage pick-up and had more pizza. Later on we went to the Reini's to watch a movie. After the movie we played various games. Following the games, we went for a walk. Thanks Reini's!

Sunday: Church! Afterwards a bunch of us went to Sammy's (again). Then, we headed over to Shattered Assembly's band practice! Me, Mrs. Willy, and Kari are the "official mosh-pitters" j/k :P
Anyway, the band rocks and I am excited for them to perform at the Winter Benefit!! I then decided that I wasn't going to leave until today. The Williamson's were kind enough to let us come over for one last get-together. Thanks so much! Then, I went home.

And now I am back in Austin. Thank you to everyone who hung out with me! I had so much fun. Cannot wait until I see everyone again!!! Love you all!

Stay tuned for pictures coming soon to a blog near you!

5 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I'm not narcisistic or anything but my name was only mentioned once in the entire post. Well I don't really care all that much. You stay where God wants you. It's more important. I think He wants you to eat as much Spam as possible and then spread the Gospel according to Spam.

10:47 PM, September 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it was awesome that you came up, you should come and visit some more,
-Jason

1:50 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Chels said...

Having you up was so much fun! But I'm really excited that those lucky ducks from Austin are getting a chance to have Amber Shain (it's good to share). It was fun, but we'll see you at youth convention, right? You rock Amber!
much love
-chel_C

10:30 PM, September 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounded like u had tons of fun last weekend! Wish i could have been there. Hopefully it will work out to get together soon! Love ya!

9:19 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

So glad you came up! Thanks for including me in the fun.

5:36 PM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home