Saturday, September 17, 2005

1 Month

Today is my 1 month anniversary. Yup, that's right! You guessed it. Mr. Invisible and myself have been dating for exactly one month-today! haha, joking of course. Today is my one month mark for living in Austin. In a way the time has went by really fast, but these last two weeks have gone pretty slow waiting to come to Hibbing. That's just because I'm actually looking forward to a certain day, so then the time always seems to go by slower. My goal was to not visit home for at least a month. I think that is a long enough time to get situated with a new life. In 6 days I will be visiting my wonderful home-town! Although Hibbing can be quite boring, I am very proud to be from there and actually miss it (and the people) a whole lot. Austin's wonderful too, but, there's just something about Home Sweet Home. Just thought I'd share that with you and let you know that I am SO EXCITED to see everyone in 6 days!!!!!

Last night Lindsey (fellow youth leader) and 3 of her guy friends and I went to Club 3 Degrees which is a Christian Club located in dowtown Minneapolis. It was my first time going there. It was a lot of fun! Nothing like I expected, but very very fun. There were four different concerts that went on. The first band we watched was Mainstay (which is a band that is just starting to be well-known). One of the guitar players graduated from Austin with the people I went with, so that was their main reason of going, so they could see him. The next concert was a band by the name of "The Wedding." They, with the rest of the bands were also pretty good. The rest of the group didn't think highly of them, but, I liked their music. The third band was..........................*drum roll please*.............JOHN REUBEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is such a funny guy. That's the second time I've seen him in concert. I really like his music and plan on buying his other cd that I don't have. After the concert he stepped on my foot! haha. I just had to add that in there becaue I had a mini conversation with him! He said "Oh I'm sorry did I step on your toes?" And I said "Yes...but that's okay." So I, Amber Shain, talked to John Reuben! woohoo. I know you all must be very excited for me :P Afterwards I was asking myself why I didn't get a picture with him...silly me. That would have been the perfect opportunity. "Yes you did step on my foot, now will you take a picture with me?" haha. His concert was probably my favorite just because he gets the crowd going and is really fun. The last concert was by Falling Up. They are an excellent band. That was also the first time I've heard them play. They were my second favorite. That concluded the concert part. It all ended around 12. We then went to one of their friends house from the cities to have pizza and watch a movie (the last thing I wanted to do at 1 in the morning). Anyway we left there around 2:15ish am. We didn't end up getting to Austin until 4:30 this morning. Boy, was I ever tired. At least I got to sleep in. One of the guys we went with had to work at 8 this morning. But, it was his idea so I don't feel too too bad. Also I thought that I would add that I saw Lauranna Spicer there. She used to live in Chisholm, but moved to the cities a few years ago. I dont know if anyone else knows her, but, I thought that was neat. She didn't see me though. And I'm not sure if she would have remembered who I was.

Here are some PICTURES! Unfortunately, I only took some of John Reuben and Falling Up.



Reuben....what ARE you dippity doin?!




Falling Up. Look at the guitar player in that one! haha


Main singer from Falling Up. Just for you, Brooke Devine!

Oct. 7-- TFK/Hawk Nelson Concert!!

5 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I want John Reuben to step on my foot. That's the best picture ever, and it's just for me too! Dang, once there's a concert at Club 3 Degrees there's always a concert right afterwords of the same people at the Encounter. Ooh! Glad you had fun, for a minute there, because of your wording, I thought that you went to one of the band members houses in Falling Up and my heart almost stopped.

3:38 PM, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Sweet, Ive never been to a concert are they pretty sweet. Your lucky you get to see HK and TFK in October, well see you this Friday

5:32 PM, September 17, 2005  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I would love to come down to the TFK concert. I work though . . . that sounds so weird to say. Well anyway, you'll have to get autographed pictures for the Coffee House. I mean Would you please? And if possible, I give you a CD case; could you get their autograph for me, again? I already got their auto . . . I just want it again. Well Amber, I'm out dawg.

6:36 AM, September 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shain,
I am actually gonna leave a message to prove to you i keep up with ur blog! U will have to tell me about the "guy friends" that went along with you. hahah j/k Hope u are having a good time in austin. Cant wait to see you again!!!! Love ya!

6:52 PM, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Jenni said...

Oh man, that would've been awesome to get a pic with him. I've been in that situation before. Not John Reuben stepping on my foot, but wanting to have gotten a pic with someone, and realizing that i could've. Oh well. It happens.

I want that.

Lucky!

tootles! :)

10:31 PM, September 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home