Saturday, September 10, 2005

Mankato

Yesterday I went to visit my dear friend Brianna in Mankato, which is about an hour and 45 minutes away from Austin. I got there around 2. I met Brianna in the lobby of "Gage"..which is the building her dorm is located in. We then went up to her room on the very top floor (12th floor) to meet her roommate Wendy, who is originallly from Bloomington. She is very nice and she and Brianna get along very well. Thankfully, she's not a big partier. Exactly what brianna was praying for! Anyway, we then went to see what Brett was up to in his dorm. After awhile Brett, Brianna, and I went to dinner in the cafeteria. Later Brianna and I went bowling! Then after that we went to one of her friend's she met through Chi Alpha (which is a christian group available at "secular" colleges). Her name is Chelsea (woohoo for Chelsea's!) She is from Iowa. Yay for Iowaians! (My cousin Stacy goes to Iowa State...so I root for Iowaians!) We went there to watch "What Not to Wear." What a great show! I would like to go on it sometime. Who wouldn't want to have a $5,000 shopping spree? Then again, half of the things they buy are $100 and more. Anyway, we saw them transform a lady who looked very masculine (she has big muscles from being a firefighter) into a nice looking gal! That was very fun! We three girls and Brett then went to Applebee's (or in Brett's words "ApplesBees") to enjoy half off apetizers. That basically concluded Friday night.
This morning we slept in pretty late--woohoo!! Then Brianna, Chelsea, Wendy, and I went shopping at the mall. We met Boyum for lunch!!! Since he goes to Gustavus, he only had to drive a short way. It's been months since we've seen Boyum (since he doesn't ever visit Hibbing......). It was very nice to reminisce with him. After that Boyum didn't seem to want to stay and shop (I wonder why?), so the chicas went shopping. I bought tons of perfume and a purse. And a Caribou. (I cannot wait until Hibbing gets one!)
Then we made our way back to MSU where I said my goodbyes and then headed back to SpamTown. I'm very happy to say that the directions brought me there and back without getting lost! I did miss one turn when I was in Mankato, but it wasn't bad enough to get me lost. It was great spending time with Brianna and her friends at MSU. Just thought I'd update about her since she doesn't have a blog. Things are going well for her. She has met a lot of nice people and is already involved in a lot of christian activites going on at her college. Her roommate is even intereseted in going to Chi Alpha sometime! So, that's pretty sweet. Here is a picture of her bowling yesterday(notice that the school name/mascot is in the picture with her)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Briana looks angry in that picture, so I bet you had a fun time with Briana and Brett. That must have been cool seeing them after like a month.

11:30 PM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Actually, Boyum does come up, he just doesn't really tell anyone.

I love "ApplesBees". Dang, now I'm hungry.

3:36 PM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home