Monday, August 29, 2005

Fun Filled Weekend

Good afternoon everyone! And Happy Monday afternoon to ya! haha. That is what my Psychology teacher says every afternoon... just thought I'd quote her. Ever have one of those weekends where you're busy almost every minute of the day and you don't have time to be bored? Well that's how this weekend was for me. I'll share some of it and some pictures! Click on the underlined words to view pictures.

Friday: I went to my ONE class at 10. It was over by 10:50..and I was done for the day. Have I mentioned how much I love the college life? haha. After class I went to the
SPAM Museum with my aunt Bonnie and the 2 kids--Christian and Sarah--she nannies. When first entering into the SPAM museum we were greeted with "Hello! Would you like to try a SPAMLE? (very creative!) I tried a piece of the fried turkey-tasting SPAM. 'Twas delicious! Then again, I thought SPAM was good before I went to the Museum. The Museum's filled with history of SPAM, and foods you can buy, and other information like that. It was interesting. Then comes the fun part! There's a little spot where you can see how long it takes you to "make" a can of SPAM. (not a real one..just for fun). So, Christian and I thought we'd try it out. You can even put a Hormel uniform on while your pretending to make the SPAM. I thought I would to get a good picture out of it! Click here to see me in my cool uniform. What do you think....future employee of the Hormel Factory? hahaha! I finally found my calling in life..J/K! Anyway, that was really fun. We then went to A & W to have an ice cream cone, then later that night Bonnie and I went for a walk. That concluded Friday.

Saturday: Bonnie was nice enough to let me sleep in! After I was ready for the day we packed up our bags and headed to Lakeville to stay with my cousin Shannon, her husband Jon, and their dog
Murphy for the day. Jon's family is originally from Alaska, now living in Ohio. His parents were also at their house to visit this weekend. They just got back from a trip to Alaska and brought fish straight from the ocean for us to grill! It was delicious!! After we got to Lakeville we went to Shakopee to watch horse races. That's the first time I've been to a horse race. It was fun! After the horse races we ate the fish and then Bonnie and I thought we'd give Shannon, Jon and his parents some time to visit, so we went to the State Fair! This picture was taken from the "Skyline" ride--which is where you go across on a cable above most of the State Fair..mostly for viewing. That's also the first time I've been there. It was also a lot of fun! We left back for Shannon's at 11:30, took a half hour to get there, then went to bed.

Sunday: We went to Celebration Church in Burnsville. The pastor there is hilarious and he always says the funniest things! That's the second time I've been to that church. My first time going there was Easter Sunday. I like that church a lot. It averages more than 1,000 people each Sunday! The rest of the day consisted of SHOPPING! We went to the outlet mall in Albertville. The one I went to last weekend with the youth group. Let's just say I spent more money than a college student without a job should have spent. haha. It was definetely a good shopping day for me. Most of the stores had really good deals, and the clothes I tried on were extremely comfortable. We came home. I unpacked. I showed Bonnie how to use the computer. I went to bed. End of weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

that definitely sounds like an awesome weekend! you look so cute in that hormel outfit. if i come to visit i'm definitely going to the spam museum. i'm glad that you're having a good time! i love you!
natalie margaret

4:53 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

The Spam Museum outfit is seriously, not-even-kidding, 100% you. It must be the glasses. So yeah the rest of the weekend sounds eventful. I went to the state fair once. I wasn't a big fan. Then again I only like fairs with 100% rides. I don't even like the St. Louis Cty. Fair. yep . . . not one ioda.

10:38 AM, August 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to say you look just goregous in that Hormel uniform. Glad to know that you like college, Amber. I hated HCC for a while after I started. The classes that I had stunk. It got a lot better and more enjoyable in the spring semester. Oh and lucky you, you have a psychology class. I want to take that class in the spring.
-Brooke

12:23 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger spartamom said...

Amber, you're weekend sounded fun-it almost made me jealous,especially the outlet mall shopping part! Maybe i'll have to plan a visit to come down and visit you and my sister-in-law and hit the mall on the way! love ya,
Jess

4:48 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger Abe said...

I miss not having you in youth group already. You look like you may have a future with spam.

10:03 PM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home