Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Time has Come

Today is my last day in Hibbing. Tomorrow I'll be headed to Spam Town (Austin) to start college life. This is my first time ever moving, so, I guess a bunch of feelings have been overwhelming me.
Fear. Fear of the unknown- fear of being "the new kid" and stepping out of my everyday life and comfort zone that I've been used to living for 18 years. Anxiety-Anxious for moving one step closer to God's plan for my life-Anxious to be a youth leader and to meet new friends- Anxious to start a fresh journey in life. Sadness- Sad to leave people who mean so much to me- Sad that it will more than likely be a month and a half before I see most of my friends- Sad to leave my family. Through the encouragement of many friends, I've learned to give my worries and fears to Lord and allow He (yes, that is the correct usage, even though it sounds weird) to give me Hope and comfort.
Just wanted to let each and everyone of you know how much you mean to me. Without the friends and spiritual leaders I've had in my life, my walk with Christ probably wouldn't be as strong as it is today. A big thank you! I don't think I've ever realized how much certain people mean to me until now- knowing that I have to leave them. This summer has been full of wonderful memories! It's going to be sad leaving tomorrow. Trust me, the tears have already started to flow :(
I do not want to lose contact with anyone!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me or update your blogs often so I can see what's going on with each and everyone of you! Although I won't physically be in Hibbing, I'll only be a phone call away! Plus, I'll try to visit some weekends :P Feel free to call, email, text, or visit me anytime :) My new email address is amber.shain@acad.riverland.edu -- I will still check my old one, however, I ask if you are going to send forwards, please send them to my old one.

I love you all!!!

--See ya later-- Never goodbye!

Memories:



3 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Amber, I didn't get to say it all tonight. You have been a good friend to me. I do appreciate all you have done with me this summer. Since Rob moved, my summer was looking dull. I do appreciate the bonfires, bocce-ball, and all the other stuff. You will be missed. If a talk is in need; I'm only a phone call away.

Your Home-slice,
Kranny

12:14 AM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Amber,
You have been an awesome friend to me and I will miss you dearly. Who will I "waNT" now? Good luck in the SPAM capital of the world and you have my number. I'm going to call you at least once a week, and e-mail and text and blog...
I love you, Dolly!
Lots of Love,
Brooke Da'Fine

P.S. If you ever need a good laugh look at that picture I gave you or think of all of our inside jokes! I love you like the day is long!

10:44 AM, August 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i guess this is it huh amber. i just wanted to say i luv you so much i know that god has a big plan for you. i will miss you so much.

11:51 AM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home