Saturday, August 06, 2005

*iCamp 2005*

One of the main summer highlights for most everyone in youth group is Lake Geneva Bible Camp. The camp is held in Alexandria, MN, and for me, is probably the best 5 days of the summer. Not only is it a time to meet new people and have fun with friends, but it is also a great time to grow deeper in your relationship with Christ. This years Sr. Teen Camp was the record for the most people attending a summer camp. We had over 600 campers!! I shared a dorm with Robin, Angel, Thronson, Bobbie and Allison H. Unfortunately Molly, Chelsea, and Brit had their own cute little house dorm thing, so that caused them to have a different counselor than we did, and, they were on a different team. I spent every minute I could with them though, so it wasn't that horrible. During the week the campers are split up into 8 different teams. This years motto was "The Best Just Got Better" and the theme focused around "iPods" (hence the name iCamp). Someone from the winning team actually got to take home an iPod! The team names included: iSmell, iBeam(the team my cabin was on), iBalls, iCarrumba (the winning team which our guys were on, but none of them took home the iPod), iChiuaua, iPass (Chelsea, Brit, and Molly's team), and iBunny. The Rec. Directors stated that we would have thought the names were funny too if we were thinking of them at 2 in the morning :P Throughout the days we had various competitions including water polo, slip-in-slide dodgeball, mud pit, etc. At night we would have our evening service. Our speaker this year was Nate Ruch, who is a professor at North Central University. I personally thought he was a great speaker and he had interesting ways of doing his altar calls. (You'll have to ask me about them in person or else I'll be writing forever). My favorite was definetely Thursday night's service which was on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. People who have never received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit went up to the altar and then people who already have, stood behind and prayed for them. It was such an exciting night as everyone was pumped up jumping up and down praising the LORD!! God did some awesome things in peoples lives this week..and I hope it continues forever! I'm sure I will have many more stories to tell in person. For now, I'll save the space and the time. Enjoy the pics. Stay tuned for more throughout the week! :)

Andy, Travis, and Andrew expressing their excitement on the way to camp

Silly Steph. I wonder if she cares that I post this on my blog? She doesn't get embarrassed very easily though.

Amos (who went to Costa Rica with us last year) and Bobbie singing tunes

The girls in my cabin shared a counselor with girls from Red Wing. This was taken during our small group discussion. Tanya, the lady right of the door, was our counselor. She was super nice! Her husband Luke is the Youth Pastor in Red Wing. She showed us pictures of her super cute daughter Morgan who recently turned 1.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

That's awesome Amber. It was really awesome going down there to pick you guys up on Friday.

tootles! :)

9:38 PM, August 06, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Sweet Amber

10:33 PM, August 06, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Whoops i meant to right more than just sweet amber, but I accidently did, what I mean to say was:

Sweet Amber, camp was awesome, iCarmuba was the sweetest team ever we dominated, especially in the mudpitt I got 8 flippin buckets then in chickenfights and water polo we dominated to. Camp was awesome. Nate was awesome the whole over all experience was awesome. ONE ACCORD IS THE BOMB

10:36 PM, August 06, 2005  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Camp was sweet dawg. We did so much stuff. Ibunny was the sweetest team ever. Dude, did you see me in the mudpit? I got like 15 freakin' balls in.

J/k. On the way there you all look so . . . happy to be going.

8:46 AM, August 07, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Travis, Andy, and Andrew look ecstatic. I'm glad you gys had fun. We had different camp names except for iBall and iSmell (my team). They said the same thing for us about the 2 in the morning thing.

10:41 AM, August 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home