Saturday, August 13, 2005

Times Flies

Well, my friends, I hate to say it. My time in Hibbing is quickly coming to an end. The past few days I've been going through my room and getting rid of some junk and I have started to pack. It was fun packing at first, but the more I pack, the more bare my room becomes, the more I realize how quickly I am moving. It's going to be sad leaving each and every one of you, because you all mean so much to me. I hope I don't lose contact with anyone! You can call, text, email, or send letters anytime you'd like :) Or even better: VISIT! And I will visit Hib-Town as much as possible. We can still talk like we normally would. The only different thing is we can't hang out whenever we'd like :S.

Anyways, back to the junk part. Yesterday and today I helped Brianna with her garage sale. Click here to see a picture of all the $$$ we made! I ended up making $30.00 (which is pretty good for the small amount of stuff I put in). Brianna made over $200- which is going towards her college fund. We had a great turn-out and ended up selling a lot of items :) Her family is going to have another garage sale next weekend so if you're a garagle sale lover- make sure to go and help support! There are tons of things such as clothes, beds, cds, books, picture frames, and many other miscellaneous things. Luckily (even though it was windy and cold--but I'm not complaining!!) the weather turned out pretty nice.

****Yesterday Brianna's sister Megan and her husband Jim left to do missionary work in China. Please remember to pray for them to do great things there and also for their safety and comfort. They will be there until next July, so, it's hard on them and Brianna's family. Please keep Megan, Jim, Brianna, and the rest of her family in your prayers!!****

New Subject
Great news!! I found out that Corey & Angie (Austin's Youth Pastor & his wife) want me to be a youth leader as soon as I get there! So, on Friday the 19th I am going on a "Back to School Retreat" in Brainerd with them. I am so excited because I want to be involved in the church as much as possible while I am there. This is a great opportunity! Although I'm sad to be leaving, I'm extremely anxious and excited to see what the Lord has in store in Austin :)

1 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Yeah, it does!

It'll be so sad to see you leave, but we can still keep in touch, but we won't be able to hang out but a few times in the next nine months. We'll miss you, Amber Shain!

1:24 PM, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home