Wednesday, September 14, 2005

So Very Thankful

Earlier today I was thinking about friends that I have had who have fallen away from God. Of course, it hurts thinking about how they once were, and knowing that the stage they are in now is not one that's glorifying God. However, it made me come to realize how grateful and thankful I am for certain things. For example: my good Christian friends, my family, and thankful that the Lord is so gracious and no matter how many times we fail, He will always be there to lift us up and let us have infinite chances to a fresh start to life. So often I pray to God for a specific need and when He actually answers it, rarely do I take the time to thank Him for His kindness and His blessings. I have to remember that we can give thanks to Him--even when it's not Thanksgiving! Just thought I'd share that with you all, and leave this Psalm with you.

Psalm 100:

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

Maybe take a minute or two today to dwell upon the things God has done in your life, and the things and people He has blessed you with!.......And give thanks with a joyful heart! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I hate seeing good Christians fall away from God. Sometimes I feel as if it is MY fault for maybe not being a good enough friend to them, not talking to them enough..

Sigh.

4:15 PM, September 15, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Yeah that stinks

7:52 PM, September 15, 2005  
Blogger jac-atac said...

You're cool, Amber!

10:51 AM, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home