Friday, July 08, 2005

Planting Seeds

By this topic I don't mean planting "tomato seeds" or "pumpkin seeds," rather, planting seeds in peoples hearts. Something that happened yesterday gave me the desire to write on this topic.
Brooke and I were waiting for the Domino's pizza deliverer to come to my house when finally he showed up, we gave him the money, you know, the usual procedure you follow when ordering pizza (:P) He was one of the nicest pizza deliverers I have encountered!!!! But now I'm getting away from my point. Anyway, after giving him the money and when we turned around to bring the pizza to the back yard Brooke yells out "JESUS LOVES YOU!!" and instead of the man replying with a giggle or "oh ....ok" like I thought he would, he stopped for a moment and just said "Thank You." I thought that was extremely cool because you never know when seeds can be planted in peoples hearts. Who knows? Maybe in a week, or month, or year, or 3 years from now he'll come to know Jesus as his Personal Savior? Or, maybe he hasn't felt love for a long time and he needed to hear that? Simple things such as saying 3 words... "Jesus Loves You" may effect people for eternity! You never know when the opportunity may come to plant a seed in someones life who may be looking for an answer, so, may God always be glorified on our lips and let people who are searching for an answer see the love of Christ through you, rather than having them catch you at "the wrong time."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude shane, that's awesome; so true how we never know how we might affect people for eternity. Fear is an enemy to be denounced by the love of Christ!

2:47 AM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Amen!

3:09 PM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Well that man did have an eyepatch and I just had this feeling that people kinda gave him a hard time and he needed something good to hear, so I just went out and said it. Thanks for the encouragement. ^_^

8:22 PM, July 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home