Thursday, June 30, 2005

Masks

It's amazing how we can be one thing Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, then be someone totally different on Sunday and Wednesday. It is such a shame how you hang out with the one wrong person and you switch to their lifestyle. I am so sick of satan's temptations and what the world is trying to throw at teenagers-especially targetting Christians. It hurts so bad seeing people that used to be on fire for God fall, forgetting everything God has ever done in their life--forgetting the plans God has in store for them. Just this past year it seems like things have changed so drastically in some peoples lives-unfortunately, for the worst. I wish there wasn't such a thing as smoking and alcohol. What is the stinking point?!?!? Yes, some people (especially girls) start smoking to lose weight. Yeah, I guess it's suppose to give you a "fast metabolism," BUT, it also will lead to a heart attack and eventually turn into lung cancer. I guess whenever I find out that someone I know smokes it tears me inside because of what happened to my dad. It's sick the money people put into these addictions. Basically you're just paying to kill yourself in the long run- it's disgusting!!!!!!! :( I have learned one thing though. Instead of judging and gossipping of those who have slowly started to fade from God's will, we need to pray for them even more...praying they will change and continue living the life God has in store for them.
Lately I've been thinking about people who served God full-heartedly, then fell to the temptations of this world. It's so sad to see. It's really been bugging me, so, I thought i'd let some of my feelings out on this post.
Always remember to pray for those in need !!!!!!!
Lord, I ask you to help the people who turn to smoking, alcohol, drugs, or anything else of this world. Instead of finding peace in addiction, I ask that they'd find a peace in serving you and coming to you for comfort**

1 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Good meat Sister. I appreciate that post. I know lots of people who smoke and drink. They claim the addiction is too powerful to overcome . . . some of those people are Christians. Now let's think this through . . . "All-Powerful" addiction vs. the infinite power of God. I can't see how that favors the addictions. Anyway, keep the gold coming. I believe I found my claim in the Yukon.

12:07 AM, July 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home