Saturday, December 17, 2005

Hats Off to the Grad!

11:30 PM. Shannon, Jon, and Murphy arrive! 1:00AM. We hit the hay. 4:40AM. Time to wake up and get ready to head to the Hawkeye state! 6:10. The two hour trip to Ames begins.
After only getting 3 hours and 40 minutes of sleep, I was surprisingly awake enough and in a good mood! I guess I have been used to the little sleep lately, so it didn't really bother me. Plus, I slept most of the way to Iowa. We stopped at a gas station on the way and Shannon & Jon bought me a cappuccino. Well, I was holding it in my hand when I fell asleep and I woke up to Jon saying "WOAH Amber!!" . . . to find that I had spilled my cappuccino ALL over my khaki pants!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Of course, I was upset and thought that it would ruin my whole day, but I decided I'd keep my mouth shut and just get as much off as I could, then sleep it off. I woke up in a better mood, thank goodness. I just figured there wasn't much I could do about it, so, why be angry??? So I had to go to the graduation with a nice big brown stain all the way down my leg, but I guess I found it more funny than I did embarrassing. Anywho, we arrived at Iowa State University about a half hour before the commencement ceremony began. My cousin's boyfriend Nick graduated w/ a degree in Animal Ectology and Forestry. After that we headed over to their apartment to have some lunch. I met some of his family-- some from Texas, the others from Iowa-- for the first time, which was fun! We stayed and visited awhile then hit the road to Spam Town. Now I plan on watching the 10 o'clock news (I am seriously addicted.....to the NEWS!), then hit the hay. Being up for 17 hours sure takes a lot out of you! Thankfully I was able to sleep some on the way there and back. Anyway, that's about all i have to share.
Just want to say CONGRATULATIONS NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go! I wish you the best of luck in deciding where you're going to graduate school and for the rest of your future!
Tomorrow will be another day of studying for finals. Monday I have 2 finals. One I don't really count as a final because all I have to do is turn in papers. Then on Tuesday I have one final at 8:30AM and after that I am FREE!!!!, and I will then hit the road to Hib-town! Can't wait to see every one!!!!

Here are some pics.



Some of the professors of ISU.

Nick & cousin Stacy after the ceremony
Since I give so much attention to Murphy, I had to make sure to recognize Scooter the ferret (taken w/Aunt BonBon)!

Stacy & Nick opening early Christmas presents from Nick's family, since they will be in HIBBING for the holiday. (YAY!!!!!)

Silly Stacy.

Overall, the day was great.. Regardless of staining my pants w/cappuccino! Nothing like spending the day w/relatives and meeting new people in the process!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl!~ ya we should hang out for sure! i've been in hibbing for like a week so far and i'll be here til jan 3rd or so, so we will have to get together. luv ya hun~

9:12 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I did that at school once, except with chocolate milk. Mark and Roni made me laugh.

4:23 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home