Thursday, November 17, 2005

The things you learn...

Lately I've just pondering about some of the benefits of living away from home. Granted, there are sad feelings and lonesome feelings every so often, but as I was talking to Mrs. Willy about some things goin on in my life she has helped me think about some of the benefits about being away from home. Including: experiencing new life outside of what you're normally used to, stepping out of your comfort zone to meet new people, and most importantly, it's a great way to get your life on the right track with God. I think when you're away from the life you're so used to, it gives you a better chance to press into God because you have to trust Him more with each step of your journey in life and fully rely on him to help you take the next step. And right now I am content as to who I am. The Lord has been working things out in my life and I realize that I don't need to be focused on guys, or worry about what the future has for me and just trust in the Lord that he knows what's best for me. And everything will work out in his perfect timing! Mrs. Willy also made a good point in her sermon on Sunday that girls don't need to worry about who they're going to marry. God will bring the perfect someone (if it's His will) and until now, we can just continue to grow more into Him and be faithful to Him..and He will provide.
Just thought I'd share some of my thoughts with you all. Thanks for taking the time to read about my life and caring. You all are awesome!!! Glad to have such wonderful Christian friends and spiritual leaders in my life. :)

1 Peter 3:8-9
"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

3 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:37 AM, November 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, those are definitely shain's words. It was an encouraging post amber,its too bad that not everyone can appriciate honest feelings.

1:18 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Great post Amber, I cant wait till I get to leave home and experience new life.

7:00 PM, November 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home