Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hola amigos! I do apologize for making everyone wait so long for an update. I don't enjoy leaving you hanging. To be honest with you, ever since I haven't been in school my writing abilities (coming up with semi-interesting things to blog about) have decreased drastically!! What's new since the day of love? Well, as most of you may already know, I am a youth leader now!!! One of our duties (or shall I say PRIVELGES?!) is leading a small group. I have never lead a group before, but I am really thankful for this opportunity! It's been an exciting journey being raised in the church, serving the Lord and now being at this age where my servanthood is taking another leap--leading others. I think back to all of the AMAZING leaders I have had 'back in the day.' All the way from the toddler room, to kids church, to missionettes, to the youth group, and now to my college-age years..the leaders I had in my life have made such an impact. I honestly question where I would be today if I did not have them in my life. They took the time to invest in me, to use their gifts to minister to me. They took the time to love. They took the time to care--making sure my life was on the right track. I am so very grateful for each one of them!!! Every single person. And now I am at the point in my life where God has chosen me to lead. It is very exciting! I pray that the Lord will use me to pour into the youth's lives and to have the same qualities that the leaders I had in my life had. I want to take the time to minister. I want to take the time to love. I want to take the time to care. And I realize that just because I am a leader doesn't mean I don't have room to grow even more spiritually. This is going to be a continued growing process for myself. There are going to be hardships, there are going to be times where my patience runs low, but during the struggles I will look to God who is my stength! Thank you Jesus for giving me this opport unity and many thanks for the wonderful people you have placed in my life, who have made me stronger of a person and who have given me so much encouragement to follow YOUR will.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bradley said...

You will do a great job being a leader. You are definitly full of love and laughter! They are lucky to have such an awesome person to follow after. I love your posts so keep them coming!

7:32 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Jenni said...

Well, by that post, you sound like a youth leader to me ;D

tootles! :)

10:22 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger SuperStar said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you are and HAVE BEEN a phenominal youth leader! God has been using you to minister to your peers and girls younger than you FOR YEARS! Keep it up Shin! You are impacting people for the kingdom of God... Even if you aren't recognized like Jeanie Mayo, or, MARK BREWER... :D God still sees all you do for Him and your name is BIG to Him and in HIS kingdom! I love you!

5:02 PM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home