Thursday, June 15, 2006

Employed.

Hey y'all!
Just thought I'd tell ya that I got a job! Last Thursday I had a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE interview at NHS. For real. It was a group interview. My first group interview, and I hope my LAST. I was about as nervous as nervous can be, and to top it off, i had to say all of my dumb answers in front of 4 others plus 3 already employees. I knew it went horribly bad because I couldn't think of smart sounding- well thought of answers.

So they told us that they'd get back to us the next day or the following week and let us know whether or not we got the job. Well, I got a letter the VERY next day (so much for "snail" mail) saying that they didn't have any positions to match my "skills" (or lack of), but they would keep my application on hold until they had an available position. So in other words, the interview was horrible and they didn't want to hire me :)
Funny thing is they called me yeterday (4 days after they sent the "rejection" letter) and asked me if I was still interested. Funny how that goes.

But anyway, all of that just to tell you that I am now employed! Next week I start orientation. For now it's a temporary job, but I guess it will be permanent once fall comes.

Thanks to everyone who was praying for me!!! I GREATLY appreciate it. I was starting to lose hope there for a while.

Love you all.
Have a safe & Happy weekend

5 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

CONGRATULATIONS! w00t w00t!
Now I'll see less of you :(

9:44 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Congrats. I was happy to hear you got a job. I hope you enjoy it.

2:30 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger SuperStar said...

I'm so excited for you Amber! YAY!
Love you SMOOCHES

3:24 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Newsy said...

We are very happy you're so happy about the job! Congradulations!...
...so when should we have a "Congradulations on the new job" party?

1:37 PM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger Jilb said...

The same thing happened to me! Weird!

9:24 AM, June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home