Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Special Day for Two of my Brothers

Rise & Shine! Amber woke up bright n' early today just so she could get a picture of her younger brother on his LAST day of high school! At 2:40 today the Shain household will officially no longer contain any high school students. Crazy to think about. This Saturday Josh will walk across the stage and say "adios" to 13 years completed (kindergarten included-haha! i promise he didn't fail a grade).
One thing still keeping him connected to the school life, however, is the 2006 baseball season. Yesterday was their first playoff game. They (no. 2 seed) played North Branch, who was in the number 7 seed for the season. (Forgive me if i get this baseball lingo wrong...i'm not a pro!) Of course, because Hibbing was at a higher ranking, they had a good feeling about winning this one. But by the way of yesterday's game, it was definitely with a fight! When I arrived there, the score was already 3-0, and North Branch was in favor. Luckily, because of 3 consistent errors by North Branch, Hibbing was able to get 2 more runs, which now made the score 3-2.They were able to get yet another two runs to finish out the inning. Hibbing was now ahead 4-3! Which was a relief, but like the rest of the game, it was an edge-of-the-seat moment. Eventually Hibbing made the score 6-3 which was yet another relief, until North Branch scored 2 more points, makinig the score 6-5. It was the top of the 7th inning at this time. If Hibbing allowed North Branch to get one more point, they would have had to go into a close bottom of the 7th inning. Thankfully, Josh was able to strike out a couple of the hitters and the one hit they did get that inning was quickly thrown to first to get the player out! 3 strikes. The games done! I think that was the loudest I've ever cheered at one of his games. It was far too close for my liking, but at least they got the win. Now tomorrow they'll be playing the Hermantown Hawks at 4:30 @ Al Nyberg field. Hibbing has already beaten them twice this season, but I guess you can't take the game too lightly. After yesterday's scare, I'm sure they won't go in with the "piece of cake!" attitude. If they win tomorrow's game, they'll be playing a double elimination tournament in Duluth Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. And if all goes well, perhaps they'll make it to state? Hey, anything is possible!!! I think they have a good chance this year. They had a really good season. I think they only lost 3 games, which were all lost by 1 POINT (gotta hate those!) only.
Good luck Bluejackets!!!



Last day!!! Can't you tell by the big smile?? I'm sure it'll be even bigger once the school day's over! =)
"Amber, why are you up so early when you don't have to be...?!"


Since we're talking about baseball...

I thought I took these pictures just for fun, but now I can put them to use!





And for my middle brother, Brian, today is a special day for him as well! Today is his GOLDEN BIRTHDAY! Yeup, the last possible date of having a golden birthday. A long wait for 31! hehe. So, I wish him a very happy day!!!!! And best of luck to him in the future. Sometime this week he and his wife are moving to Bemidji. Brian was offered a better, high-paying job that he took. At least it's only a couple of hours away. No biggy, really. I'll miss not having him around, but I'm sure I'll see him often.



So congratulations & best of luck to Josh! And
HAPPY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY to Brian & best of luck to you as well.
I love you both.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone in the family keeps me in the loop! That was some good writing Sis, have you ever thought about journalism?

Yeah for Josh!! Have a good day!

love you, Stacy

10:24 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Congratulations, Josh! Good luck in the rest of the playoffs

3:03 PM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home