Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's New?

"What is new?," you ask.

1) I am very very excited for the presidential election stuff to be over with. I have never been one interested in politics and it seems like you can't go anywhere or turn the channel without it being the main headline. Although, I will be sad to not have George W. Bush be our president. Lord, thank you for the time He has served. And be with Him despite what the world tries to throw at Him...

(please don't comment about this...i hate presidential debates! i didn't post it to argue..)

2) I have been waiting for this labor day weekend for a very long time! I am headed to the cities to go to visit friends and family, go to the state fair..and..last but not least, the AMERICAN IDOL TOP TEN FINALISTS TOUR!!!!!!!!!! I bought tickets in May and have eagerly anticipated this day for a long, long time. Pictures to follow!!! And it just so happens, out of all of the tour dates, to fall on this weekend which is quite the blessing, actually. With Monday being the holiday, I didn't have to ask for a day off for it. :)

3) God has been teaching me a lot. He's making me realize it's all about HIM. He is constantly teaching me things and showing me how truly faithful and loving He is. Jesus, I'd be so entirely lost without you.

4) I've been doing lots of traveling this summer. It's been great! But I am kind of looking forward to a relaxing fall, too.

5) My beautiful cousin Stacy was proposed to in July!! They are planning (so far) for a May wedding, and she asked me to be in the bridal party. What an honor to stand up with a woman who has meant so much to me. She and her sister are the sisters I never had. I am very excited for her! Congrats, darlin!

6) I love that God has answered my prayer of having more college-aged girls around here. My dear friend Ruth is now HOME for college. She has started a girls' Bible study and I have made new friendships. The Lord hears our requests. How very faithful He is!!! Thank you Lord.

7) Little Damian is growing up so very quick. He can already roll onto his tummy and realized he has enough arm strength to be able to lift himself off of the ground. Quite soon he will realize he can crawl. He is now 6 months! And as handsome as handsome can be. And quite the chatterbox. :) I love him.


In addition to auntiehood, I will be finding out very soon what the sex is of my brother Brian's baby who is due around my birthday in January! Can't ask for a much better birthday gift, eh? I will officially be an auntie of 4 once he/she arrives. Can't wait!

Anyway, just thought I better give my "fans" some new reading material.
God bless the frequent readers and the new readers, too!
You are loved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bradley said...

I love you and your posts. You are so cute! I wish we would have seen you over Labor Day. Adelyn said you helped her take a bath :) You are so kind!

Start looking for jobs in Greenville. Love you!

9:43 PM, September 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home