Sunday, January 06, 2008

Kids Say the Darnest Things

Yesterday my mom was going through school stuff she saved of her kids and she came across this mini story of mine that I wrote back in the day. If you were to ask me about my family on September 5, 1996, this is what I would have told you!
I will translate since it is kind of hard to read:P


Amber
Sept.5 1996
9/5/96

My Family
My dad goes to work at the mines. My Mom dosen't work but she sits at home waiting for us to come back for suppper. My brother Mike works at MDI he works for 9 hours. My brother Brian works at the Kahlor washing dishes. My brother and I go to Greenhaven Elementary skool. I like going on vacation with my family.

Dad 48 Mom 47 Mike 25 Brian 21 me 9 Josh 8

12 years later I know stay at home moms don't just sit at home all day waiting for the family to come home for dinner(sorry mom!:D), and I know that school is spelled with a "c" and not a "k." Also I'm a little more careful of punctuation and not writing run-on sentences! :D I learned a lot in school!:P

4 Comments:

Blogger Bradley said...

This is awesome! It feels like just yesterday :)

PS I like your new photo too!

2:49 PM, January 07, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice formation of the cursive letters. Wow! I remember doing cursive as a little kid. Interesting how it goes from being mandatory to not. Your Ds look identical to the diagrams of them that I used to see on the walls of the classroom at elementary school.
Were you ever one of those kids that when you drew your family in elementary school, they looked like bubble people? (Their body parts were all round?)

7:31 PM, January 07, 2008  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Just look at it like this: You were spelling school cool before it was kewl to spell it skool.

9:24 PM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

To me it looks like you spelled school correctly in that letter... i see a c and an h? maybe i'm crazy :P but that was a cute little note!
i re-read one of my first grade journals (a full book) and that was strange.. haha! love you

4:59 PM, January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home