Saturday, September 16, 2006

One Good Apple

Howdy Y'all.

I'm really loving not going to school. I was never really a whiz-kid, so maybe that is why I am enjoying my absence even more. Ever since I haven't been going I've had people throw statistics at me like "Did you know 97% of people who 'take a break' never end up going back??" Yeah, yeah. Statistics Shamistics. If I go back, I go back. If I don't, I'm sure the Lord has an opportunity for me out there somewhere!! On the optimistic side, I've also had people say "That's very wise of you." "Good decision!" I'll have to agree with them. I'm thankful that I'm not taking classes that might not even transfer if I go somewhere or making myself sit through unwanted torture. Unfortunately, I haven't been praying about my future as much as I should be, but that will change very soon. I'm determined to find an answer!!! But not discouraged that I haven't found one yet.

I'm really LOVIN' work. I was even told by one of the people I work with that I'm their favorite staff and by another that "You're one good apple, Amber." hahahahaha =) I get a kick out of them. It warms my heart just to see them smile and helping them make good decisions. I recently became a permanent worker! I was hired in the summer as a temporary, but that changed just a couple weeks ago. I got a raise with the change, so that's always a bonus. I'm starting to feel more comfortable around my co-workers and opening up to them more. I am extremely quiet and shy around people I don't know very well, but now I'm becoming accustomed to everything and forming new friendships!! I want the Lord to use me at my workplace. I don't want another high school repeat with me being quiet and sticking in my own little shell. So yes....that's all I have to say about that. Exciting stuff!!

I don't really have too much more to say. I just haven't posted a serious/meaningful post in a while, so I thought I'd jumble some stuff together for my devoted readers.

Hope all is well!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bradley said...

We support your decision entirely. As I said in the past, it would be one thing if you just sit on your bum all day but if you are working a job you enjoy--great! The Lord will let you know what is right for you.
Love you!

5:00 PM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home