Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lose 2 inches in 2 weeks?

One of my co-workers just had a baby 2 months ago from today and is looking for a way to lose her "baby fat," so she bought a health magazine that had "Lose 2 inches in 2 weeks!" on the cover. She was reading the article at work last night and thought that it sounded like an accurate way to lose weight--with the meals and certain exercising techniques required, etc. And it's supposedly a plan that top doctors in the United States have come up with. We were then on the subject of diets for a while and I made the point that diets are always easier when you have someone to keep you accountable. So finally she says "You should go on it with me and we can keep each other accountable!" I agreed, thinking I wouldn't mind losing a few inches, and in just 2 WEEKS?! Sounds like a plan to me!

So last night I went to the gas station where she bougt the magazine so I could pick myself up a copy. I made a list of the foods it says you can have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and made my way over to Wal-Mart. $67 later (for not even a whole weeks worth!!!!!!!!!), I have started this so-called diet.

Here's how it works: You must walk for 30 minutes everyday, every other day you need to do these 6 certain exercises that are in the magazine. They give you a list of breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals you can choose from. They only give you 3 choices for each meal because I guess it's better to eat the same healthy foods more often rather than have a variety. I thought it was the total opposite--The more variety of foods, the better. Learn something new everyday I guess!

So everyday my co-worker and I are gonna go for a walk and eat lunch together. I started today, but she can't start until tomorrow because she has a full schedule today.

So maybe it will work? Maybe it will be a waste of money. We will see. I took the measurements last night and in two weeks from today I'll let you all know the results! I think the cheerios (without sugar, obviously) with fruit on top for breakfast might get old. The lean cuisines for lunch might get old. And the 3 choices for dinner might get old, but I guess that's the definition of dedication and sacrfice, my friends!

5 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

ooh. good luck.
not that you need to lose weight.

4:41 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Bradley said...

could I ask what magazine that is? we are going to ak in two weeks and wouldn't it be nice to have everyone saying--how could you be the mother of that young baby? :)

8:19 PM, September 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 2 weeks I'll be checking in to see you! I think that sounds like a pretty good diet-cardio and healthy foods. Indeed it is easier to do diets with a friend. Shan, I didnt' know you were going to AK.
love ya

9:06 AM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Bradley said...

AK's not for sure yet--we are waiting to see how the flights look and such. I am nervous as heck to take Adelyn on a plane. I'm sure once we got there it would be a ton of fun but being stuck in quite a confined space with a potentially fussy baby scares me to death! I will check out the magazine :)

5:36 PM, September 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that reminds me sis, I have a program from nutrition class. If you want to borrow it when I come up, you put in what you've eaten and answer more questions about that, then it tells you the calories and vitamins you've had. It's pretty cool I had to do it for class and the day I ate the best and got all my vitamins was when mom came to visit me and she
cooked for us haha. I'll try to catch you on the phone today again. love you

8:37 AM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home