Thursday, September 21, 2006

A buncha stuff

I've been wanting to start becoming more and more independent so to start off I've got 2 credits cards, that is, after having been denied about 5 times because I haven't had a opportunity to build credit yet. I didn't specifically want two, but Wells Fargo automatically gives college-aged students that bank with them a credit card to guarantee they start a credit report?? That's my understanding anyway. So as I was in the process of applying for a citicard, the Wells Fargo one arrived in the mail. So having credit cards is the start of my adult-matureness. It's so nice knowing that anytime I need money I can rely on my handy dandy credit cards (which might not be a good thing!). Also, I want to start paying some of my own bills. Instead of having my parents pay for my car insurance, I'm going to. And right now I'm in the process of applying for my own Health Insurance. I don't know if I'll be paying for that on my own (because it can be spendy!), but if I'm able to, I will. I've been following my mom around the house when she cleans finding out what usually gets cleaned in a house that I had no idea about. That sounds extremely dumb, but like the unseen cleaning--if that makes sense. If it doesn't, please contact me and I'll explain. :P I want to start becoming more independent so one day when I have my own place, or share....I guess....I'll be prepared!! End of topic one.

Topic two:
I received a letter in the mail today stating that Charlyn, the girl I sponsor, is not in the LACC (Latin American Child Care) Program anymore, so I won't be able to sponsor her. I guess sometimes when families are so poor, they move away to live with relatives, or move away to receive a better job. I was pretty bummed reading that. I've been sponsoring her for a few months now, and knowing that her family is going through a tough time hurts. I hate having money sitting in the bank account (read on before you say "what?!") and knowing that there are people who would put the money to good use just to LIVE!!!! But, I guess I have to live with that fact and continue giving as much as I can. The program sent me a brochure of a new child I can sponsor. Her name is Katherin. She's from Costa Rica as well. I guess all I can do is pray for Charlyn and her family--hoping they will find the Lord and get out of poverty. :(

Topic three:
I didn't think it was possible to get sunburnt on September 21st. I went for a half hour walk today. I was wearing a t-shirt rather than a sweatshirt in this cold weather (exercising kinda makes you warm, ya know) and when I got back my arms, neck, and face felt like they were burning, and sure enough! I am sunburnt. Kind of odd. But true. I thought I'd share that interesting fact with you all.
P.S. My diet is going pretty well! I have been tempted beyond belief to eat more, but, I've been able to control myself!...thankfully.

Topic four:
7th Heaven starts in 4 days!!!!! I was supposed to work on Monday night, however, one of my co-workers called and asked if I would switch a shift with her. So now I get to watch the first episode of the newest season instead of having to tape it. For some reason, shows, to me, are always better when watching them "live" instead of taped. I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird or something!

But that's all I have to say tonight.

God Bless!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, alot is going on with you huh? Congrats on being more independent-I have those 2 cards haha. Maybe May 2008 you'll be ready to move to the cities (then all of us chicks can be there, except auntie of course). Another congrats to controling your eating, I can work out but I can't not eat chips!!! love you

10:03 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Bradley said...

If you ever want to test your skills feel free to practice what granny is teaching you on my house--haha! Yeah maybe you will be moving to the cities in May 08 to get ready for your 06 07 08 wedding! That's going to be so fun. We are already looking forward to it. Good job on controlling your eating. That is awesome!
Adelyn likes to kick the keyboard pull out drawer thing when I'm typing and send it flying. What a turd :)
love you

11:07 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Stacy said...

I'm a blogger now! Come check me out...it's under construction but it's up!
love you

11:42 PM, September 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home