Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's About that Time.

Texas was beyond awesome! It was so nice seeing Bobbie again and getting to experience the life that she's living now. I can see why she loves it so much there. The church she attends (Oaks Fellowship) is amazing. It's already huge as it is, but now they are raising money to build an even bigger church! Not only is it amazing look-wise, but it is blessed with an awesome pastoral staff, and the people are so on fire for God. Everyone was so very friendly and God's doing some awesome things there. Bobbie helps out w/the junior highers there. She is a home group pastor, along w/her friend Rachel, of a group of students that meet once a week. Along w/that, she helps out with the junior high youth group service. They have two separate services for the junior and senior highers. It was neat seeing everyone so into worship and wanting to learn more about God! I can see why she loves life down there (I know I said that once already). She is blessed with fun roommates, good weather, awesome church, many friends, and much much more! She also does many other things to help out at the church. She is really busy and involved!

3 out of the 6 nights we stayed at a couple's house from the church. They opened up their home to us so we didn't have to be crammed in the dorm all week. It was extremely thoughtful and kind! We had so much fun visiting w/them and playing games and eating her delicious peanut butter pie!!!!! yuuuuuuuuuuuum. Anyway, ....what else?

The weather was super nice! It wasn't really that hot, but it was perfect enough to be able to drive w/the windows down and not have to wear a jacket :) The highest it got was 80 or a little higher. It was pretty windy each day that i was there, so the heat wasn't unbearable or anything.

There are about 5 million stories I could share, so I'm not going to put them all on here. I would rather tell them in person. The main point is Bobbie is getting so much out of being in Masters (i could tell!) and she's allowing God to use her. I am inspired by the lifestyle she lives! She has a good servant's heart that the Lord will bless her for, if He already hasn't.

Like she was telling me on the way to the airport, it wasn't hard saying good-bye because we both know that we are where the Lord wants us. Although it would be nice to see each other everyday, we know that we will see each other again and that we're living (or trying to live) God's will. So, it wasn't hard saying good-bye to her.

Make sure to ask her about Mardi Gras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has awesome stories to tell about that. I'll let her explain though :)

P.S. I did see Cowboys!!! I was going to get my picture taken with one, but I was too chicken :D

She went above and beyond for me! Thanks Bobbie!!

And now I'm home....school has started, and looking forward to more traveling in the future! Colorado, perhaps??


Stay tuned for pictures! Here's one. I'll post more later.

Hanging out at her dorm!

2 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Glad you girls had fun!

6:16 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger SuperStar said...

Hey.. YOu made me cry.. Thank you so much for the amaizing explanation. I don't think anyone could have done better. I'm sure it's partly thanks to ms. b's great english teaching skills.
LOVeyou.

9:48 AM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home