Saturday, February 11, 2006

Skiing Fun

Today I was able to enjoy a fun day of skiing at Mount Itasca (in Coleraine) for only $10!--ticket AND rental. How could anyone pass up that price??? Rod Pelkey hooked us up with the sweet deal! I was talking to Lara (Pelkey) there and she mentioned that we would probably be able to do this more often if a lot of people want to keep going for the group deal! Sweet. You can count me in! This was about my 6th or 7th time skiing, and my first time in about 3 years. Thankfully, I left there with 0 wipeouts! I can tell I will have a couple sore knees tomorrow from wedging (a/k/a "plowing") while trying to stop, though. Not everyone can say they had 0 wipeouts. Brooke tagged along for her first time! Of course, as everyone starts out, she had a few nice wipeouts (including ending up under trees...but I'll let her share those stories!) but overall she improved GREATLY from the 1st run to the last. Thanks to Rod for the sweet hookup! 'Twas a lot of fun.


Picture #2: Proof of Brooke's wild first skiing experience! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

YUCK! Delete that last pic.

I think I went once without wipe-outs (my last time, I didn't even wipe-out getting off the lift)!!

3:14 PM, February 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home