Monday, October 02, 2006

2 weeks is up

Well folks, it's been 2 weeks since I started my "Lose 2 Inches in 2 Weeks" dealio. And the result!.....Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!.............

I don't even think I lost half of an inch. Now, now. Before you start saying "See..those stupid things never work," I would like to make a confession. The first week I did EXCELLENT. I wouldn't eat one itsy bitsy scrap I wasn't supposed to. I walked 30 minutes (sometimes 60 minutes) every single day for that week, and I completed the exercises I was supposed to do every other day. I was forcing myself to eat the foods that I would rather skip and everything. It was quite a challenge let me tell ya. Now the second week is when it started going downhill. I allowed myself to have different foods that were low in fat and mostly ignored the foods I was supposed to eat. I didn't walk every day like I should have, and I skipped my exercising. I guess after one week of "torture," I let myself slide a little bit (or a lot).

I did, however, get something out of this. I have been better at choosing what kinds of foods I eat and better at eating smaller portions. I find myself getting full quicker! After not having bad foods for a while, I don't even have a desire to eat fast food. Like tonight--I went to McDonald's with a couple people and chose not to order anything even though I had already officially "quit" the program (I hate saying diet). I haven't been eating as often. I find myself wanting to take walks now insted of feeling I have to. So I guess there were some benefits--even if I didn't lose the 2 inches I was hoping for.

We all know the saying.

LIFE GOES ON......

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy, Jim and Brielle said...

good for you for puttin' in a fabulous effort of the "program"! We love you just the way you are, inches or no inches!

12:51 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Stacy said...

dido, also let me be the first to warn you....if you haven't eaten fast food/unhealthy food and you've been eating well with fruit, veggies and other fresh foods then beware when you decide to eat fast food. When I'm on a healthy food diet and go fast food ouch, your stomach will not feel good (well mine doesn't) and embarassing to say I will have gas and you know what all day long. You don't want to be somewhere important that day! love you

9:46 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

wglalalala life goes on

4:24 PM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Bradley said...

Good work! It is great you stuck to it for even one week and hey if it encouraged you to eat healthy and exercise then thats great.

We can't wait to see you tomorrow! Yes, we should stroll 9 mile creek some time while you are here :)

6:44 PM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger SuperStar said...

Hey beautiful!!! Well, I'm excited for you.. Sounds like you are forming some good habits... Hahaha.. We have to run two miles every other day.. ugh.. Ifind myself eating more because of it, and not losing anything... OH WEll I guess... Anyways.. Love you.

11:27 PM, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home