Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I bet you didn't know...

Take your height and divide by 8. That's how tall your head is.

During his lifetime, Herman Melville's Moby Dick only sold 50 copies.

While humans and most species are divided into two sexes, mushrooms contain over 36,000 sexes!

99% of people cannot lick their elbow.

In ancient Rome it was considered a sign of leadership to be born with a crooked nose.

The most dangerous job in the United States is that of an Alaskan Crab Fisherman.

Walt Disney world generates about 120,000 pounds of garbage each day.

On average, the life span of an American dollar bill is 18 months.

A person will burn 7 percent more calories if they walk on hard dirt compared to pavement.

Each year 96 billion pounds of food is wasted in the U.S. (makes me sick...)

Supposedly these facts have all been verified. I just went to google and searched "interesting facts," and it lead me to some website that seemed credible. Hope you learned something new for the day. I did!

4 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I learned something! I did know that about Melville and my head. Thanks for teaching me something new today.

7:45 AM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis, thanks for the info, I knew the most dangerous job (point for me!)-you have too much time on your hands haha.

Love ya,
Stacy

11:36 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger SuperStar said...

HAHAHAHAHA you are awesome. I love you.

9:51 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

sweet.. that is interesting

i wuv u

11:55 AM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home