Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Confused.

adj.
Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.
(Thank you, dictionary.com)

Yeup. This word basically sums up how I have been feeling lately. This whole college thing is really starting to bug me. I regret not taking the time in high school to think more about life after high school, or to check out some colleges. Like always, I procrastinated and said "Oh, I have 4 years to figure that out." "Oh, I have 3 years to figure that out." "College??? I have 2 years to figure that out!" "Not a problem...still gotta year to figure out what in the world I'm going to do with my life." And now...10 months after graudation, I sit and wonder why I didn't put any thought into this before. I know I am supposed to be in Hibbing right now, because the Lord has spoke through people for me, but I dunno...I guess I just feel doubt a lot of times. Not doubt that it's the Lord's doing, but just think that there is a better world out there for me elsewhere. Here I am with no idea of what I want to major in. And when I say no idea, I mean it. I don't know what kind of field I want to go to, what kind of schooling I should go to, or anything. One day I'm for sure staying in Hibbing, and the next I think "North Central here I come!" But yeah....I don't know....just kinda confused. Why must this all be so difficult?! I would really love to take a year off, but I'm not working that hard as it is, and I think I'd just continue to get even more lazy. Plus, my mom thinks that's a bad idea. So I dunno...will you guys maybe slip in a prayer sometime this week for me? I've been feelin' a little bummed out about it. Don't think you have to make it your #1 priority or anything, but maybe right before a meal or something say "...and please knock some sense into Amber. Amen." I'd greatly appreciate it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis, whatever you do, don't get frustrated. You are still sooo young and it's okay not to know exactly what you want to do for the rest of your life. People don't keep the same job for life anymore anyways! I took a year off but I knew that was right for me and when I came back I was even more motivated to get a college degree! Just keep looking at options and when something comes along that your interested in you'll know! God has a great plan for you so sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the ride!
See you next weekend.

Love you,
Stacy

1:36 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

...and please knock some sense into Amber. Amen.

3:49 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger Natalie said...

amber, i'll definitely be praying for you! i love you!
love, natalie

9:53 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger SuperStar said...

Hang in there, I will be praying for you. I love you!

11:12 PM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home